Newborns don’t come with instruction manuals, but this workshop is the next best thing! This workshop for Louisville-area expectant parents will provide you with the hands-on practice and information you need to take care of your newborn baby with confidence.
Using a combination of hands on exercises, videos, demonstrations, discussion and lecture, you will learn the information and skills you need to improve the quality of your baby’s life by creating a warm and loving household for your new family. As always, lots of time is built into the curriculum for questions and discussion. This small group size in this workshop allows you to get your specific questions answered and allows me to personalize the class to meet everyone’s needs. Handouts and materials are provided.
- What to expect with a newborn; a general overview
- What to have on hand at home from slings to swings
- Bathing baby; when & how
- Diapering, cloth versus disposables
- Sleeping: how to get it and how to survive without it
- Feeding baby, common concerns and questions
- Soothing your baby using techniques from The Happiest Baby on the Block
- Swaddling 101
- When to call the pediatrician or other care provider for baby
- Timeline of normal infant development
- Babywearing—slings and wraps
- Carseat installation—the basics
- Area resources for Louisville & Southern Indiana families
Empowered Parenting workshops are held at Compass Counseling, 7984 New LaGrange Road. The cost of the workshop is $40; this includes handouts. Please click on the registration link for times and dates.